If you are not satisfied with your item, please return it in its original condition, in its original packaging with all certificates and receipts within 30 days of receiving it. When the returned goods have been received by us and deemed to be in original condition, we will issue you a 100% refund, not including any import/export duties or postage that may have been incurred.
Refunds & Returns Policy
1. We are not obliged to provide a replacement or refund if you simply change your mind (save for the 30 day provision above).
2. We will repair an item within a reasonable time where there is a manufacturing fault.
3. In the event that we undertake to provide a replacement for any item, the purchaser notes that Lightning Ridge opal is unique in all respects and therefore we cannot guarantee that the replacement opal will be the exact same colour, body tone, pattern, shape, size or weight – replacements will be mutually agreed upon and any difference paid in full prior to dispatch.
4. In the event that within one year of purchase date of a Lightning Ridge solid cut, carved opal (loose or set), said opal cracks or crazes through a natural cause, we will (a) use our best endeavours to replace the opal with one or more opals to the same value or (b) refund the purchase price – the option of choosing (a) or (b) is at our sole discretion. In all instances, the defective opal must be returned to us and we reserve the right to have the opal laboratory tested to validate that it has not cracked or crazed due to damage by the purchaser, whether intentional, unintentional, accidental or deliberate. [Australian opal is the most stable in the world and can withstand virtually all climatic conditions on earth however it cannot under any circumstances be stored in a vacuum sealed or zero humidity bank vault, nor subjected to intense direct heat such as being left on the dashboard of a vehicle].
5. This returns policy does not apply to goods which have been damaged after delivery either intentionally, unintentionally, accidentally or deliberately; or if any attempt has been made to alter the product.
6. All products being returned for replacement must be returned in their original condition otherwise we will not be bound by that policy.
7. All postage and insurance costs for returns are to be paid by the purchaser. We recommend that you return the product via registered post with full tracking and that you pre pay all postage.
8. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not satisfied with your purchase so that we can resolve any problems.
9. For all returns, you assume full risk of lost, stolen or damaged goods during transit; we therefore advise you take out shipment registration and insurance with your postal carrier. Opal Bin/ ClassicOpals will not be responsible for parcels lost or damaged in transit. Please keep your proof of purchase – e.g. Your invoice/purchase receipt.